- This event has passed.
Growing Together in the Early Years: Teach & Talk
May 31 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This workshop is in collaboration with Early Expressions and Kids Inclusive. It is designed for parents who are seeking strategies to help improve their child’s communication, use visual tools, and manage challenging behaviour. This workshop is part two of the Growing Together in the Early Years series.
As a result of participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand the differences between receptive and expressive communication
• Understand how to improve expressive and receptive communication
• Use tools such as Visual Schedules, First/Then and Task Strips
• Implement strategies to reduce challenging behaviour
Requirements: To access this workshop, or a follow-up session, you will need a valid Ontario Autism Program Reference number. If you do not have an OAP Reference number please contact the Maltby Centre at 613-546-8535 and ask to speak to a Family Support Coordinator. This is a free workshop.
To Register please go to: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/growing-together-in-the-early-years-teach-and-talk-registration-577789874067
Please note registration closes May 24, 2023
- May 31
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Autism Workshops, Learning @ Home, Social Skills
- Event Tags:
- Maltby Centre
- View Organizer Website