Intro to ABA Series (4 sessions)
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
As part of foundational family services, you may choose to meet for an individual session with a family support coordinator after attending a workshop, to help you apply the workshop content to your specific family situation.
This workshop introduces participants to Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Participants engage in activities and exercises to develop their skills to support their child’s development. All families are encouraged to participate in this series.
This series runs for 4 sessions on Mondays from September 11th until October 2nd, 2023.
As a result of participating in this series of workshops, you will be able to:
- Identify realistic learning goals for your child
- Develop simple strategies to teach skills and to increase desired behaviours, while decreasing undesired behaviours
- Measure and monitor progress through practical data collections
- Change and adjust strategies to promote positive changes in behaviour and skills
Requirements: To access this workshop, or a follow-up session, you will need a valid Ontario Autism Program Reference number. If you do not have an OAP Reference number please contact the Maltby Centre at 613-546-8535 and ask to speak to a Family Support Coordinator. This is a free workshop.
Please note registration closes September 4, 2023
- September 11
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Autism Workshops, Learning @ Home, Social Skills
- Event Tags:
- #Autism, Free, OAP, Online, Social Skills
- Maltby Centre
- View Organizer Website
Registration: Intro to ABA
In order to register, please click on going and fill in the required information.
This workshop is designed for parents.