Ministry Announcement about the Ontario Autism Program
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) has announced changes to the Ontario Autism Program. Families will now be given Childhood Budgets to purchase Autism services directly from their choice of providers.To learn more about these changes, how to secure funding, and FAQs, visit the
MCCSS website or call the Ministry at: 1-888-284-8340.
What These Changes Mean for Autism Services at Maltby Centre
For the last 20+ years, we have been proud to be the leading provider of evidence-based Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in the KFLA area. During the next year, we are transitioning to make Autism services available for purchase. In the interim, we continue to run funded programs for clients that are already in service, as well as offer some fee-for-service options.
Key things you should know as of June 2019:1. Behavioural Plans are being extended for in-service clients.
As of April 1, 2019, the MCCSS has approved the extension of all Behaviour Plans for clients that are already in service for up to 6 months as clinically recommended.2. The application process for Childhood Budgets through the MCCSS has started.
All families new to autism services (not on our waitlist or in service as of April 1, 2019) should call the MCCSS directly to apply for a Childhood Budget: 1-888-444-4530.
3. Our Family Support team is here to help you free of charge.
Maltby Centre Family Support Coordinators are Autism experts and are available to meet free of charge. We can answer questions, help guide you through this transition, and provide resources and tips. Call us at 613-546-8535 to schedule an appointment or just to chat over the phone.
4. You can now purchase Autism services at Maltby Centre.
Families interested in purchasing Autism services through Maltby Centre can contact our Family Support Coordinators to learn more at 613-546-8535.
For the last 20+ years, we have been proud to be the leading provider of evidence-based Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in the KFLA area.
Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention
This individualized, Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) intensive therapy is delivered in our centre, at home or in a school environment...
Community Behavioural Services
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services are offered to children and youth of all ages in a variety of environments...
Behavioural Skills Groups
A variety of skill building groups for children and youth are offered throughout the year at our centre.
Connections for Students
When a child is transitioning out of our Early Intensive Intervention Program, our Connections for Students Program is engaged to support a smooth transition back to full time school...
Helping Families Like Yours is Our Priority
With the transition to the new Ontario Autism Program, we are in the process of determining which services we will be offering in addition to Behavioral Services. If you are a parent or caregiver, please complete our survey so that we can understand which services would be the most beneficial to you.
Why Choose Maltby Centre?
- We have a well-built system of staff and facilities, having been the lead regional provider of Behavioural Services for over 20 years
- Our professional clinical staff include; BCBA-qualified clinical supervisors, consultants, therapists and family support coordinators
- We offer prompt reliable service
- We have a proven track record for providing exceptional care
- We have trusting and long standing relationships with community partners and families
- We have extensive experience and strong reputation in providing Applied Behavioural Analysis therapy
- In addition to Autism services, we are a trusted Child and Youth Mental Health organization.