Early Behavioural Intervention: Individualized Service
This individualized, intensive therapy for children under 6 years of age, that uses Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is delivered in our Child Centre. Our Clinical team conducts individualized assessments and interventions for each child. Instructor Therapists work directly with the children under the supervision of Clinical Supervisors. Caregivers are guided to support and extend their child’s learning across a variety of environments, using the principles of ABA.
Individual and group intensive intervention is provided anywhere from 1-2 hours per week (more focused intervention) and up to 20 hours per week (more comprehensive intervention). Locations other than our Centre, including using a virtual platform, may also be considered. The recommended hours of weekly intervention, clinical goals, and teaching procedures are individualized to maximize client outcomes.
Early Behavioural Intervention: ABC Classroom
The ABC program is an extension of our Early Comprehensive Behavioural Intervention Program. Children may enter this therapeutic classroom at J.G Simcoe school for up to 3 days a week and attend 2 days a week in their home school. The purpose is to develop skills useful in the home school environment and to extend the learning of previous comprehensive services. The Limestone District School Board provides a teacher and an Educational Assistant and Maltby Autism Services provides Instructor Therapists and a Clinical Supervisor to supervise the clinical interventions.
Caregiver-Mediated Early Years Program: Project ImPACT
- This new and exciting service offered by Maltby Centre with partners (CSBD, Connect Well, Early Expressions) supports parents in the development of their child’s social, communication, and play skills. A combination of group and individual sessions are offered in a virtual service (with the ability to provide face to face as well) using the Project ImPACT curriculum, an evidence-based curriculum targeted at children between 12 and 48-months. Therapists work closely with parents under the supervision of a clinician, to deliver the Project ImPACT curriculum and build parent capacity. Maltby Centre functions as the Central Intake for this service, to receive this service through other providers (e.g. CSBD, Connect Well, Early Expressions) all applications must come through Maltby Centre.
Eligibility Requirements (Project ImPACT):
- • Received an invitation from MCCSS & registered in the OAP
- • Child is between 12 and 48-months of age
- • Are not currently accessing core services through the OAP (including active OAP Behaviour Plans)
- • Have not participated in a Caregiver-mediated Early Years Program funded by MCCSS in the current fiscal year (April – March)
How do I access EBI, ABC Classroom, or Project ImPACT?
Please email email@example.com or call 613-546-8535 x5426
Find out which services are the best fit for you
Reach out today by filling out the form below or calling us at 1.844.855.8340 x5426. One of our highly-specialized Autism Family Supports Coordinators would be happy to walk you through the services that would be the best fit for you.